Dr. Brandon Nelson was born and raised in the Northwest and attended school in Edmonds before graduating from the University of Washington. He received his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine at Des Moines University and completed his three year residency training at Tacoma General Hospital in functional reconstruction of the foot and ankle. He lives in the local area with his wife and two children. When not practicing medicine, Dr. Nelson enjoys traveling with his family, fishing and snowboarding.
- Seattle Met Magazine, Top Doc, 2011 and 2014
- Des Moines University, Des Moines, IA University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and minor in Fisheries
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Multicare Tacoma, WA
- Reconstruction of the Foot and Ankle
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, American Heart
- Basic Life Support, American Heart AssociationAssociation
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Washington State Podiatric Medical Association
Hospital Staff Privileges
- Foot Surgical Center of Issaquah - Medical Center of Issaquah
- Overlake Hospital Bellevue, WA
- Issaquah Surgery Center Issaquah, WA
"External Fixation of Lis Franc Fracture/Dislocations", Washington State Podiatric Medical Association Annual Meeting, 2008, Spokane, WA.
"External Fixation of Intra-articular Calcaneal Fractures", Amercian College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Annual Meeting, 2008, Long Beach, CA.
"2'-Hydroxycinnamaldehyde Exhibits Potential as an Anticancer Chemotherapeutic Agent", Experimental Biology (FASEB), San Diego, CA.
April 2005; The FASEB Journal 2005;19(4):A552. "Developing an Assay to Identify Potential Chemotherapeutic Efficacy in Original Compounds", Research Symposium, 2004, Des Moines University
"Is H.R. 5 the Answer?", The Innominate, Vol. IX, Issue 1, Oct. 2003:2, Des Moines University